CRAWFORD COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
DEPUTY SHERIFF POSITION DUTIES
Under the supervision of any directly assigned superior or any superior officer of the Sheriff’s Office: to perform any assignment directed to her/him; to enforce federal and state laws and county resolutions; obey the rules and regulations of the Sheriff’s Office and perform related work.
General Employment Requirements
Must have a current Drivers License with an acceptable driving record and must have a level of education equivalent to four years of high school. Must successfully pass background investigation, psychological exam, physical exam and drug testing. Applicant must be 21 years of age by hiring date. Applicant must hold, maintain or be able to acquire a Basic Peace Officers Certificate through the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required or assigned.
- Enforce Federal and State laws including motor vehicle laws and county resolutions
- Perform police patrol tours of duty, protecting persons and property and preventing crime
- Investigate all complaints assigned to her/him.
- Investigate accidents, including, diagramming the scene, taking photographs, collecting and preserving evidence, providing emergency first aid whenever necessary.
- Keep records and writes complete, accurate and concise reports.
- Serve civil process as directed.
- Serves as Court Security Officer
- Serves as School Resource Officer
- Direct traffic and perform law enforcement duties at special events.
- Must be able to carry a minimum of 25 pounds of equipment on the body for a minimum of 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to lift 165 pounds and drag the 165 pounds a minimum of 20 feet.
Applications may be submitted online at www.crsoks.org or a copy of the application may be obtained at the Crawford County Sheriff’s Office - 225 N. Enterprise Drive, Girard, KS 66743. The Crawford County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.