Are you looking for a fulfilling career? One that has Duty, Honor, and provides Service to the citizens of Johnson County. Join the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office. We offer a competitive salary with great benefits and the opportunity for advancement.
It is the mission of the Johnson County Sheriff ’s Office to serve the people of Johnson County with the foundational principles of service, justice and fundamental fairness.
For more information please visit www.jocosheriff.org and click on employment. Also, check us out on Facebook.
Or contact us at 1-866-262-3744 or (local) 913-715-5511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 21 years of age
- A United States Citizen
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- A limited traffic record
- Non-prescribed drug usage must be limited and not recent
- No felony convictions
- Average to above average physical condition
- Weight in proportion to height
- Normal hearing and olfactory function
- 20/20 Vision or correctable and no color blindness
- Pass firearm instruction and physical training
- Pass in-depth background investigation
- Pass medical, drug, and psychological evaluation
- Honorable discharge from military if applicable
- Kansas Law Enforcement Certification
- Kansas Police and Fire Retirement
- Health Care Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Educational Assistance
- Uniforms and Uniform Cleaning
- Issued Weapon and Duty Gear
- Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Overtime
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Johnson County Residency is Not Required