The Leavenworth County Sheriff’s Office is seeking applicants for the position of Dispatcher. Dispatchers, receive emergency and non-emergency telephone calls and radio messages, provide pre-arrival medical and safety direction to the caller; dispatches emergency and non-emergency calls to responding public safety personnel, monitors various radio channels, supplies necessary information to the public; enters data and maintains and accesses a variety of records.
Salary: Hourly $16.65
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick and Annual Leave
- Paid Training
- High School Graduate or GED
- No Felony or Domestic Violence convictions, no misdemeanors within the last five years.
- Good Moral Character
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures, appliances, and filing systems
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn police, fire and EMS procedures and geography of the area
- Ability to think clearly and act quickly in emergencies and under stress
- Ability to perform sedentary work and life and carry up to 10 pounds
- Ability to sit, walks, twist, reach, pick, pinch, and write
- Possesses hand/eye/foot coordination adequate for operating keyboards, foot controls
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely and to hear in person and telephone and two-way
- Ability to see and read reports, records
- Ability to work well with others
Information For Obtaining An Application
Interested applicants may contact the Personnel Sergeant at (913) 758-4003 or email@example.com for additional information or go on line at www.lvsheriff.org and click on the information tab to print a copy of the application.
Closing Date: 4-20-16